Victorian Dermal Group
Level 2, Suite 206
1 Princess Street
Kew Victoria 3101
Hey Angels! ♡ People often ask me how I keep my skin so clear. And of course I want to share my little beauty secrets with you.
When it comes to a natural beauty glow, the inescapable truth is, a high quality anti inflammatory alkalining diet, pure water and essential beauty sleep should be the backbone of your approach with balance of exercise like yoga for mindfulness and then supported by regular treatments and good active skincare sourced by the best dermal clinician.
I have been having regular treatments for the past year with the with out a doubt BEST skin clinicians in Melbourne at Victorian Dermal Group
I have had Clear and Brilliant laser, Ultra Former III, which is (The World’s No. 1 Choice for non-invasive Skin Lifting & Tightening treatments.) And Fraxel. (which I will go into further detail below, as this has been a game changer for me!!!) I have also had TCA to target scars on my skin as well as regular Light therapy and chemical peels every month with extractions. So, you can see I have been treating my skin with a lot of love!!!
Let me tell you about the latest treatment I have had done.
Summer skin starts in Winter! So, now it is Winter in Melbourne and is the BEST time to repair and resurface the skin. Let’s be honest, when it comes to skin treatments, my motto is ‘no pain, no gain’…
The painful ones are working because they’re damaging, whatever, making your collagen renewal and renewing your skin like a reboot. Fraxel Laser, is kind of painful for a reason, because it is doing quite deep damage to create fresh clean pure beautiful skin. It’s not really unbearable pain, more satisfying!!!
When it comes to our skin, we all want a beauty glow that is healthy and radiates. And while there are plenty of products and treatments out there, sometimes we may need something a little more vigorous and invasive than a topical treatment to treat major skin concerns such as open pores, wrinkles, scarring and age spots. This is where cosmetic procedures such as FRAXEL is what you need to do! The mechanism of Fraxel heavily relies on resurfacing your skin by stimulating the growth of new, healthy skins cells from the inside out.
LADIES & GENTLEMEN I cannot tell you enough how much I push for you to try this! After 1 treatment I am having such great results. I am LEGIT so Happy I could cry.
HONESTLY You’ll see benefits… Fraxel significantly improves quality and skin health, so anyone who has prematurely aged their skin with too much sun kissing exposure will benefit enormously from treatment. Not only will the skin be stronger and more hydrated, wrinkles will be softened and you’ll see a reduction in pigmentation. The overall effect is a noticeably younger cleaner complexion. I truely believe that Fraxel is also the gold standard treatment for acne, trauma or surgical scarring. The results are immediate and progressive. Soon after treatment the surface of your skin will feel softer and smoother, brighter and more even skin tone. The next 3-6 months will bring more improvement as your skin continues to create more collagen.
You’ll need to be incognito for???… It’s an important question, as it’s super crucial that you know what to expect. You will have a healing phase of seven days, of which the first three to four days are the most obvious. You are extremely RED post-procedure, with that sunburnt feeling. Mild swelling starts post-procedure, and is at its full peak the morning after, lasting a day or so. The skin will feel then feel really rough for up to a week where it goes brown and ultimately this is actually a really positive thing as it’s all the old dead and damaged cells shedding off the skin, leaving fresh, vibrant, healthy new baby skin complexion.
You’ll need to pop in again… It depends on the extent of damage, and that’s part of the reason you need a personalised skinconsultation with Derya https://victoriandermalgroup.com.au/about-us/ prior to your appointment. Some people do three treatments, six weeks apart and others that just do a treatment once a year.
I highly recommended you book an appointment to see Derya and transform your skin this Winter! Its ultimately the BEST time to heal and deal with renewing a lifetime of summer damage.
Victorian Dermal Group
Level 2, Suite 206
1 Princess Street
Kew Victoria 3101
BAMBOO PLANT BASED FEMALE HYGIENE PADS
This really got me questioning the production and ethical integrity behind the mainstream female hygiene products. They are mass-produced, heavily marketed, and cheaply made out of bleached rayon and plastics. Cotton is the most heavily pesticide sprayed crop. Why would we want to use that?
I love women to be empowered and I believe in a holistic clinical approach to female health and gynecology.
HOW IMPORTANT IS IT USE ORGANIC TAMPONS, CONDOMS, AND LUBRICANTS?
It’s so important to use organic products in and around our bodies, especially delicate vaginal mucosa. Studies show that women who eat organic foods have a 90 percent reduction in pesticide residues in their blood. While we certainly don’t eat tampons, the chemicals within them absorb into our bodies and bloodstreams via vaginal mucosa.
Bamboo pads are obviously a healthier and safer option!
Biodegradable Eco Friendly Sustainably grown Bamboo based womens hygiene pads.
What is something that every woman has to endure in her lifetime? Menstruation. On average, a woman will have her period once a month, for about five days, for around 40 years of her life. During this time, she’ll need to use various products to stay clean and fresh.
This is why a Natural product like Bamboo Babe is extremely crucial to use longterm for womens health and the earth.
Bamboo is actually a grass that it naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial.
When it comes to feminine hygiene and womens health and wellbeing this green product is an intelligent innovation. As a fact, Bamboo is more absorbent than cotton! This makes this product highly functional as Bamboo grows without any chemical fertilisers or pesticides.
If the average women uses about 17,000 pads or tampons during her entire menstruation lifetime, and you multiply that by 3.5 billion women in the world! WOW!
Why pads are a healthier and safer option than Tampons
Tampon use has the potential to change vaginal microflora
If abnormal bacteria are harboured in the vagina, menstrual blood which is accumulated inside the vagina above and within a tampon can act as a culture medium allowing micro-organisms to multiply, thereby promoting infection.
Another common concern is Toxic Shock Syndrome
Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a rare and potentially life-threatening illness, believed to be caused by infection with particular bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes. Menstruating women are most susceptible and it is thought that the infection is associated with tampon use.
The underlying mechanisms are not fully understood, but one theory is that the bacteria naturally present in the vagina can overpopulate in the presence of a blood-soaked tampon. However, one-third of menstruating women who develop toxic shock syndrome are found to have Staphylococcal bacteria already present in their vaginas.
The toxin produced by the bacteria that causes toxic shock syndrome, rather than the presence of the bacteria themselves. Staphylococcus aureus is a common type of bacterium that lives on the skin and inside the nose.
In most cases, it is harmless. However, it can cause a wide range of infections if it gains access to deeper tissue and the blood stream. For toxic shock syndrome to occur, particular strains of the bacteria must first overpopulate and produce large amounts of the toxic shock syndrome toxin as a by-product. Then, the toxin has to enter the bloodstream.
Photo Credit: @shenamedhimwolf
SUPPLE SKIN CO
After all, our skin is an outer glow of our inner health and beauty, and how we care for it from the outside, as well as the inside, is SO important.
The good news is that, people are waking up and are aware of the green movement, now more than ever we are seeing skincare product manufacturers making a difference to avoid using toxic ingredients and chemicals in their skincare products.
This is why I support local Aussie brands like Supple Skin Co. A Hemp skin perfecting serum.
I think this is the way of the future as more people are conscious of using natural and eco friendly products. I heavily believe in reducing your toxic load, and one of the many concerns I have with most commercial, popular brands of skincare products is they contain toxic ingredients and petroleum product derivatives that can both contribute to toxicity. Your skin is an organ through which chemicals are absorbed.
True health and beauty arises when we eliminate toxins from our bodies, so on the pursuit of beautiful natural glowing skin I have found this bottle of liquid gold. “Supple Skin”
100% PURE NATURAL CONCENTRATED VITAMINS. ZERO FILLERS, ZERO NASTIES WITH AN EMPHASIS ON PLANT BASED, ORGANIC INGREDIENTS. EACH & EVERY INGREDIENT IS THERAPEUTIC.
To make the most of your Dew Drops:
Cleanse thoroughly. Add 2-3 drops to each cheek. Massage in small circular motions for at least 30 seconds. Work the drops deep into your pores, this lets the serum do its magic.
How beautiful are the ingredients in this product!
Organic Hemp Oil: the skin food. 0% comedogenic rating, the best of the best. That means no clogged pores! High in omega 3, 6, 9 to regenerate, anti inflammatory & highly soothing, balances oily & dry skin
Organic Carrot Seed Oil: the resurfacer. rich in carotenoids known for anti ageing, lightens skin aka great for pigmentation & blemish scars, natural SPF, brightens & rejuvenates skin
Lavender Pure Essential Oil: the all rounder over achiever. penetrates pores & kills bacteria, prevents & heals breakouts, calming, reduces redness & inflammation
Frankincense Pure Essential Oil: the fountain of youth. known for anti ageing, tones & firms skin, fades & reduces scarring
Tea Tree Pure Essential Oil : the anti acne hero. prevent & reduce acne, soothe inflammation, natural antiseptic
Photo Credit @shenamedhimwolf
A qualified naturopath and nutritionist, Bonnee Fahlstrom is one of the growing number of influencers using their Instagram platform to help inspire others on their own wellness path – encouraging followers to become more connected with their health, beauty, love, and nature.
With Bonnee’s philanthropy and social conscious endeavours leading her to volunteer work with “Save the Bees Australia” as well as being dedicated to conscious organic and vegan brands – we decided to pull the model and influencer aside to learn a little more.
Here, she undertakes our latest Fast 50 Q&A – talking everything from organic makeup to living a healthy lifestyle to using her Instagram profile for positivity.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Sage Body wash! So you are protected before you leave the house
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Makeup often contains a lot of different chemicals and many products aren’t earth-friendly – I keep my beauty products natural, vegan-friendly and organic.
Coconut oil, body oil, brow gel, Ere Perez lip and eye butter, and Vanilla Falling Star highlighter
3. Hair “done” or messy? I love a blowdry! also love my hair salty and sun-kissed – it’s naturally curly
4. Favourite fragrance? Essential oils: vanilla, cinnamon, peppermint and rose
5. Favourite item of clothing? My silk nighty I designed in Bali
6. Favourite fashion brand? I only wear black and white – it’s about texture and quality for me. I love silk and linen. I love my nude Dior Handbag my boyfriend bought me for our anniversary last year
7. Gym or exercising outdoors? Outdoors! Walking along the beach with my boyfriend and dog
8. Healthy eating or treating yourself? HEALTHY is treating yourself!
9. Can you cook? YES!!!! I LOVE TO
10. Favourite food to indulge in? Fresh Italian homemade pasta with truffle and mushrooms, mmmm, roasted sweet potatoes and dutch cream potatoes with garlic…
11. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Water
12. Best place to eat out? Nobu at Crown. I am a VEGAQUARIAN
13. Happiest moment? Falling deep in love with my boyfriend Darren
14. Saddest moment? When my mum moved to Far North QLD
15. Blog or YouTube? Blog
16. Iphone or camera? Camera
17. Type of camera? Sony RX100
18. Facetune or untouched? Untouched. Untouched, beautiful shots come from natural lighting
19. Lightroom or VSCO? Neither
20. Favourite filter? N/a
21. Favourite way to edit pics? Bright and colourful!
22. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? It is actually 24/7. I have studied to be a Naturopath and love nutrition – I am working on a really exciting project at the moment for my brand…
23. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I started 5 years ago as a creative outlet to photograph my smoothies and blog about health and natural medicine. It grew from there after I started highlighting my love for caring about the environment and saving the bees and the mermaids. I believe that by living a conscious and healthy lifestyle, it creates an abundant life full of meaning
24. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? It can be from 5 minutes to 2 hours depending on the photographic process and upload, tweak with an interesting caption
25. What’s your top Instagram tip? Connect and support like-minded people. To stay true to yourself. Personally, I like to use the Instagram platform because as a model, it enables you to showcase your own personal and favourite pick of images to clients and project your personality. I like to not only promote my current campaigns, but also provide an insight into my healthy life and loving relationship. Using my profile to encourage and influence people to become more connected with their health, beauty, love and nature is the most important motivator for me
26. Who takes your pics? Sometimes my boyfriend, my mumma, or a professional photographer
27. Career highlight since being an influencer? Deliveries in the mail every single day!
28. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Jealousy, losing connection with people
29. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? I loved the Bamboo Sunglasses campaign shot by Leila Joy at Bondi Beach. @bamboolifeau is a brand of integrity and substance – it is an eco and environmentally-friendly sunglass brand
30. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? Maybe photographers falling in love with me
31. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Hand-written notes from the client. Personal touch and human connection is still heart-warming
32. Last thing you googled? What do butterflies symbolise after I saw 3 white ones in a row one day with my boyfriend. Oh and a ladybug flew onto his arm within a minute of the butterflies – it was a spiritual moment for us
33. Favourite film? ‘I Origins’ – about a molecular biologist’s study of the human eye that has far reaching implications about humanity’s scientific and spiritual beliefs
34. Favourite book? I love biographies! I just finished reading Gisele Bündchen’s book ‘Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life’. It was so inspiring. I read it on the plane home from the Daintree Rainforest
35. Favourite song? Omg, so hard to decide. I love Fleetwood Mac, ‘Everywhere’. I am also loving Angus & Julia Stone
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? Living by the beach. I grew up on Sydney’s northern beaches in Palm Beach.
37. Favourite travel destination? Daintree Rainforest is the most pristine natural wonder. Australia really is beautiful
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Far North QLD, Bondi Beach/ Icebergs
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Water, iPhone and a good book
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Dinner!
41. Partner or single? I live with my beautiful man
42. Siblings? I am an only child
43. What city are you currently living in? Melbourne
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? Miranda Kerr and Jennifer Hawkins are my two favourite role models
45. Pets? Yes, I have a 10 month old puppy called Francois – he is a Papi Poo
46. What is your best asset? My smile. Trusting my intuition
47. Key attributes about you and your job? I am shy and I am super down to earth. I’m incredibly sensitive to other people’s feelings, so when I feel other people’s sadness – that makes me sad. I think that empathy is a noble cause. I take criticism and judgement on and make it a positive energy to give me strength. I use modeling as a platform for my business to be an active role model to educate others on the bees, on nutrition, and to promote a healthy and happy lifestyle
48. Top Instagram accounts to follow? I am an ambassador for the following accounts: @savethebeesaustralia, @veganbody_official, @togetherevents (my boyfriend’s event company), and @modelsofcompassion
49. Favourite quote you live by? “You can create whatever you want in your life if you put your mind to it.” “Honour the dream by doing the work”
50. Top career tip? Be kind to everyone and stay humble.
KARMIC COLD PRESSED CLEANSE REVIEW
Fruit and Veggies are the most life enhancing food we can put in our bodies…. They are high in water with vital amino acids, minerals and vitamins that help to dissolve toxic substances and cleanse our tissues and system.
The reason I decided to complete this cleanse was because lately, I have been feeling really sluggish and not as clear and sparkly as usual. Not only was my energy level at an all time low, I have been feeling stressed and run down which has caused me to hold on to water retention, feel acidic and bloated and honestly, I’m over drinking alcohol and my major addiction to caffeine. So, its time for a reset. I am intuitive with my body and I was ready for a detox! The juice cleanse I did focused on GUT Health and each juice is Organic and has less than 5% fructose.
I truly LOVE to Juice fast 2 times or more a year as a way to flood my system with nutrient dense love!!!
I believe Nutrition is healing and a way to reverse damage and eliminate toxins to supercharge the healing process of body love for an alkaline body that feels light, is pure and your beauty glows from within!!! My fav juice base is celery which is loaded with potassium, folic acid, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus and essential amino acids. On top of all that, celery is one of the most alkaline things you can put in your body.
Juice cleansing floods the bod with super active absorbable vitamins and nutrition so the whole body system can rest and rejuvenate naturally!!! Yum! Cleanse, repair and replenish.
Firstly what is important to look out for when choosing the best quality juice cleanse is the quality of machinery used.
Cold pressed juice VS non Cold pressed juice.
1. Cold pressed Juice
Cold Pressed is better for you as they have way more nutritional benefits. They gently press the fruit and veg as opposed to being heated up and massacred. When there is no heat there is less oxidisation and the minerals, vitamins and enzymes stay alive. This supports the body with repairing muscles, boosting the immune system and balancing acidic levels.
Karmic Cold Pressed juice uses the best quality machinery.
2. Centrifugal Juice Extractors
The problem with centrifugal juicers is that the fast-spinning metal blade generates heat, which destroys some of the enzymes in the fruits and vegetables you’re juicing. The heat also oxidizes those nutrients, rendering less nutritious juice than a cold-press juicer.
MY BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE OF SEMI PERMANENT LIP TINT TATTOO
Done by the best semi permanent cosmetic practitioners in Melbourne. Anthea and Jessica’s attention to detail with the lip tint tattoo is immaculate and they are so patient throughout the treatment.
This is the next generation of longer lasting beauty, a unique semi permanent makeup lip treatment that achieves beautifully shaped and full tinted lips using only a perfectly lined crisp border and infusion of colour, giving you full, sensual lips 24 hours a day, effortlessly!
Kiss lengthy makeup routines goodbye.
This type of treatment requires near to no down time and delivers long lasting results, simplifying your beauty and getting ready routine. If you would like to correct uneven lips, or simply restore a gorgeous, youthful blush and fullness to your pout this is the treatment to get done!
The time the practitioners spend really caring for you and making sure you are ok throughout the treatment is extremely special. They make time for you so you get the best results possible, by going above and beyond to make sure your experience is superior!
Full, shiny lips really do signify vitality youth and beauty!
The ladies are European trained semi permanent makeup practitioners.
Their role is to enhance your natural beauty through gentle cosmetic procedures.
I had my Lips Tinted in the Wild Rose and Magnolia colour.
~Picture taken post first Lip Tattoo treatment. I am only wearing clear lip gloss over the pigment~
What to ask for: Semi permanent lip tattoo. Replacing the lip’s lost border gives a more youthful appearance, re-defining natural lip contour for a more perfect pout! It’s also a great way to create the illusion of a fuller pout without injections, and correct proportion to balance the lips while leaving a beautiful hue so you don’t need lipstick.
Details: There are a range of colours to chose which are vegan, organic and manufactured with 30 years experience in Germany. The colours contain no heavy metals which is a common ingredient in pigments, many are harmful or toxic, as they can not be broken down in the body. No PAH – “Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons” (in many pigments), slightly water-soluble, numerous PAHs have been proven to be carcinogenic. No NDELA – “Nitrosodiethanolamine” Nitrosamines are a reactive product of nitrite and amines (as in proteins) Proven to have a strong carcinogenic effect. They use LONG-TIME-LINER® pigments. They are mineral based pigments that have low allergy and high colour stability.
What to expect: Semi-permanent makeup is a form of cosmetic tattooing. It involves the controlled incorporation of colour pigments into the dermis layer of the skin, between the epidermis and subcutaneous tissue. Basically, it helps improve appearance by giving definition to the lips. During the first treatment they draw your lips before the procedure to determine the colour and define your lip in the ideal shape to ensure symmetry, harmony and balance to accentuate your natural beauty. They numb your lips by using a medical grade topical anaesthetic is applied prior to the treatment and throughout the process to minimise discomfort. Two weeks later I went for my next session to tweak and add extra colour and outline depth to my lips.
Does it hurt?: The short answer is no. There is a vibrating sensation and medical grade anaesthetic is used. Expect tenderness afterwards, and swelling but aftercare is minimal. The night of the treatment I was able to go to an event, my lips were swollen, they looked pretty and the colour was bright. I used an icepack directly after the session. Three days later my lips were a little dry so I kept applying the Bepanthen Antiseptic, the Vitamin A + Vitamin D Ointment and refrained from touching or peeling the lips.
Every day my lips look more and more beautiful! It is the best thing I have done in Beauty!
Price: A Lip Tint Tattoo with Anthea Palmer is $1275 for 2 x 2.5 hour treatments 2 weeks apart.
Other providers may only include 1 treatment, or have the 2nd treatment as a quick “Touch Up” whereas they do 2 FULL 2.5 hour treatments to ensure 100% coverage and client satisfaction.
They also have AfterPay available in their clinic which means payments can be stretched out over 8 weeks interest free, that’s $318.75 per fortnight which is only $159.37 per week!
Before treatment, my lips had lost their pigment and my lip line had faded.
Book in your Consultation:
ERASE Aesthetic Services
188 Glenferrie Road
Malvern, Victoria, Australia