A qualified naturopath and nutritionist, Bonnee Fahlstrom is one of the growing number of influencers using their Instagram platform to help inspire others on their own wellness path – encouraging followers to become more connected with their health, beauty, love, and nature.
With Bonnee’s philanthropy and social conscious endeavours leading her to volunteer work with “Save the Bees Australia” as well as being dedicated to conscious organic and vegan brands – we decided to pull the model and influencer aside to learn a little more.
Here, she undertakes our latest Fast 50 Q&A – talking everything from organic makeup to living a healthy lifestyle to using her Instagram profile for positivity.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Sage Body wash! So you are protected before you leave the house
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Makeup often contains a lot of different chemicals and many products aren’t earth-friendly – I keep my beauty products natural, vegan-friendly and organic.
Coconut oil, body oil, brow gel, Ere Perez lip and eye butter, and Vanilla Falling Star highlighter
3. Hair “done” or messy? I love a blowdry! also love my hair salty and sun-kissed – it’s naturally curly
4. Favourite fragrance? Essential oils: vanilla, cinnamon, peppermint and rose
5. Favourite item of clothing? My silk nighty I designed in Bali
6. Favourite fashion brand? I only wear black and white – it’s about texture and quality for me. I love silk and linen. I love my nude Dior Handbag my boyfriend bought me for our anniversary last year
7. Gym or exercising outdoors? Outdoors! Walking along the beach with my boyfriend and dog
8. Healthy eating or treating yourself? HEALTHY is treating yourself!
9. Can you cook? YES!!!! I LOVE TO
10. Favourite food to indulge in? Fresh Italian homemade pasta with truffle and mushrooms, mmmm, roasted sweet potatoes and dutch cream potatoes with garlic…
11. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Water
12. Best place to eat out? Nobu at Crown. I am a VEGAQUARIAN
13. Happiest moment? Falling deep in love with my boyfriend Darren
14. Saddest moment? When my mum moved to Far North QLD
15. Blog or YouTube? Blog
16. Iphone or camera? Camera
17. Type of camera? Sony RX100
18. Facetune or untouched? Untouched. Untouched, beautiful shots come from natural lighting
19. Lightroom or VSCO? Neither
20. Favourite filter? N/a
21. Favourite way to edit pics? Bright and colourful!
22. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? It is actually 24/7. I have studied to be a Naturopath and love nutrition – I am working on a really exciting project at the moment for my brand…
23. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I started 5 years ago as a creative outlet to photograph my smoothies and blog about health and natural medicine. It grew from there after I started highlighting my love for caring about the environment and saving the bees and the mermaids. I believe that by living a conscious and healthy lifestyle, it creates an abundant life full of meaning
24. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? It can be from 5 minutes to 2 hours depending on the photographic process and upload, tweak with an interesting caption
25. What’s your top Instagram tip? Connect and support like-minded people. To stay true to yourself. Personally, I like to use the Instagram platform because as a model, it enables you to showcase your own personal and favourite pick of images to clients and project your personality. I like to not only promote my current campaigns, but also provide an insight into my healthy life and loving relationship. Using my profile to encourage and influence people to become more connected with their health, beauty, love and nature is the most important motivator for me
26. Who takes your pics? Sometimes my boyfriend, my mumma, or a professional photographer
27. Career highlight since being an influencer? Deliveries in the mail every single day!
28. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Jealousy, losing connection with people
29. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? I loved the Bamboo Sunglasses campaign shot by Leila Joy at Bondi Beach. @bamboolifeau is a brand of integrity and substance – it is an eco and environmentally-friendly sunglass brand
30. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? Maybe photographers falling in love with me
31. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Hand-written notes from the client. Personal touch and human connection is still heart-warming
32. Last thing you googled? What do butterflies symbolise after I saw 3 white ones in a row one day with my boyfriend. Oh and a ladybug flew onto his arm within a minute of the butterflies – it was a spiritual moment for us
33. Favourite film? ‘I Origins’ – about a molecular biologist’s study of the human eye that has far reaching implications about humanity’s scientific and spiritual beliefs
34. Favourite book? I love biographies! I just finished reading Gisele Bündchen’s book ‘Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life’. It was so inspiring. I read it on the plane home from the Daintree Rainforest
35. Favourite song? Omg, so hard to decide. I love Fleetwood Mac, ‘Everywhere’. I am also loving Angus & Julia Stone
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? Living by the beach. I grew up on Sydney’s northern beaches in Palm Beach.
37. Favourite travel destination? Daintree Rainforest is the most pristine natural wonder. Australia really is beautiful
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Far North QLD, Bondi Beach/ Icebergs
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Water, iPhone and a good book
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Dinner!
41. Partner or single? I live with my beautiful man
42. Siblings? I am an only child
43. What city are you currently living in? Melbourne
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? Miranda Kerr and Jennifer Hawkins are my two favourite role models
45. Pets? Yes, I have a 10 month old puppy called Francois – he is a Papi Poo
46. What is your best asset? My smile. Trusting my intuition
47. Key attributes about you and your job? I am shy and I am super down to earth. I’m incredibly sensitive to other people’s feelings, so when I feel other people’s sadness – that makes me sad. I think that empathy is a noble cause. I take criticism and judgement on and make it a positive energy to give me strength. I use modeling as a platform for my business to be an active role model to educate others on the bees, on nutrition, and to promote a healthy and happy lifestyle
48. Top Instagram accounts to follow? I am an ambassador for the following accounts: @savethebeesaustralia, @veganbody_official, @togetherevents (my boyfriend’s event company), and @modelsofcompassion
49. Favourite quote you live by? “You can create whatever you want in your life if you put your mind to it.” “Honour the dream by doing the work”
50. Top career tip? Be kind to everyone and stay humble.
My 24 K Gold Treatment At Verdem Australia
Love your skin and enjoy a luxury experience!
I had the most divine Luxe 24K GOLD Facial, with a Diamond Dust Eye Mask, Ethically sourced and extracted Bee Venom and Snake Venom treatment.
This beauty treatment helps to detox and purify and renew skin, improve blood flow, lift and plump, is anti inflammatory and is super high in antioxidants and minerals.
This Brightening beauty glowing facial slows down the depletion of collagen and the sagging of skin caused by the elastin breaking down, stimulates the growth of new cells, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines!
Gold particles give your skin anti aging protection and reverse the sun damage, your skin complexion becomes lightened and rejuvenated as it has a toxin removal property it easily repairs your damaged skin that took place due to oxidation!!!
Hello to an instantaneous supple and tightened glowing beauty glow! ? My skin looked instantly amazing and over the past month I notice repaired damage from past acne and cleared up breakouts. This was due to the Gold. It is a natural anti inflammatory! It really was amazing to have this experience and see the gold work it’s magic!
I also received some beautiful luxurious products which I have been using this last month including Kristals Cosmetics Ruby Gemstone facial serum. Ruby increases blood circulation, natural lustre and vitality. It also contains Vitamin C that goes deep into facial cells to tighten, brighten and correct skin tone.
And The Royal Jelly Bee Luminescent Eye Serum is designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
When it comes to science and nature, researchers believe that skin reacts to Bee venom as if it’s been stung, which triggers an increase in the production of collagen and elastin in your skin, thereby making it look and feel plumper, tighter and younger.
The Bee love treatment using bee venom is known to be comprised of 21 naturally occurring components such as enzymes, amino acids and peptides.
I really love to harness the power of nature, by using the ancient practices of Apitherapy to help reduce the signs of skin ageing as well as helping control a troubled complexion.
It was indeed a naturally divine, luxurious beautiful experience!
Here are the Details:
Verdém Luxe Facial
1 hour, 15 mins
The ultimate luxury experience featuring a trio of prestigious masks.
Detoxify and exfoliate with Golden Sapphire Peel-O Mask, energise, lift and purify the skin with the intensive Black Onyx Thermal Mask, then have the skin infused with collagen, hyaluronic acid and diamonds with the exclusive all-face Diamond Mask.
A complete anti-aging, brightening,lifting and rejuvenating treatment.
Bee Love Treatment
45 mins $175
Collagen boosting treatment combined with apitoxin (bee venom) to reduce fine lines and sagginess for a plumped and young looking skin followed by royal jelly eye treatment.
Queen Victoria Building
Shop LG14 (Lower Ground Floor)
455 George St. Sydney https://www.verdem.com.au/
Photo By @Benscottphotographer
Hair & Makeup By @Charlottervt
Change your Health & Beauty routine. Without a lick’o makeup.
This Brand is 100% natural and 100% radiance inducing!
POP THE TONIK CAPSULES.
My essential Beauty and Health Supplement. No one wants to gag down coconut oil and apple cider vinegar!
This is magical.
POP these bad boys daily.
Tonik’s all natural products, ‘Proudly made from really Good Stuff’ come packed with the punch of a plethora of unbelievable and age-old benefits.
Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar, both separately and together, claim to heal and prevent some of the biggest health challenges our society faces today.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR is known to help circulate and dry “damp” conditions in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Symptoms of “dampness” in the body include a feeling of heaviness, swelling or water retention, distended/bloated abdomen, excess mucus, nodular masses/acne, sluggish energy, inflammation and weight gain. Apple cider vinegar is spicy, pungent, and warming and will kick start your digestion!
Back in 1940, farmers gave COCONUT OIL to their livestock to fatten them up. Instead of seeing weight gain, the animals became active, hungry, and lean. It was determined that coconut oil has a thyroid-enhancing effect that stimulates metabolism! The Philippines and other nearby areas have the largest per capita consumption of coconut oil in the world and obesity is rarely ever seen. As it boosts your metabolism coconut oil will help your body remove toxins a lot faster and your organs will work more efficiently. Coconut oil is largely comprised of medium-chain fatty acids, which are sent directly to the liver for energy rather than storage, and can give your liver the energy it needs to expel toxins.
Dedicated to nourishing you from the inside out, they have taken the 2 most historic ingredients and popped them into an easily digestible pill. A couple of these bad boys, a couple of times a day and your skin and internal systems will be whispering sweet nothings of ‘Thank You’ into your ear.
These pills harness the benefits of nature to genuinely nourish, strengthen and protect the skin along with your internal systems, ensuring you are healthy, happy and glowing! Want dewy skin, get the glow from within!
POP 2X MORNING AND BEFORE BED.
These bad boys come accessible and are easily absorbed.
PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN OWNED CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS NO NASTIES GLUTEN FREE NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS!!!
Benefits of Coconut Oil!
- Can improve Skin Issues (eczema, dandruff, dermatitis, & psoriasis)
- Can aid in weight management
- Can aid in building muscle and losing body fat
- Assists in reducing inflammation and arthritis
- Can aid immune system boost (antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral)
- Can aid with heart disease and high blood pressure
- Can assist with treatment of UTI and kidney infection & protects the liver
- Assists in improving memory and brain function
- Can improve energy and endurance
- Assist with balancing hormones
- Assists with improving digestion, reduces stomach ulcers & ulcerative colitis
- Assists in the prevention of gum disease and tooth decay
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar aka Natures Liquid Elixir!
- High in acetic acid, which has potent biological effects
- Assists in toning, clarifying and clearing the skin
- Assists in reducing appetite and cravings
- Assists with lowering bad cholesterol levels
- Assists with weight management
- Can aid with digestion
- Can assist in getting rid of warts
- Can kill many types of bacteria
- Assists in aiding indigestion
- Assists in clearing a stuffy nose
- Assists in boosting energy
- Assists in banishing bad breath
Just 100% Coconut oil and Apple Cider Vinegar in an easy to swallow gel capsule!
Hello Beautiful Hair and Skin and Body.
The Synergy Between Science and Beauty
LASER GENESIS SKIN THERAPY BEAUTY REVIEW
I barely ever wear makeup and it is because my skin is on its way to Nirvana. I want that luminous glow the second I wake up. This is my obsession. A natural beauty glow.
I know that taking care of inner health shows on the outside as well as a tweak from science and a beauty session also keeps the skin strengthened and rejuvinated.
So what is Laser Genesis?
It is almost relaxing as you experience a hot prickling sensation The result is shiny new skin.
You can feel that it gets to a point that the machines gets hot, goes slightly deep to make an invasive healer to the skin and, just giving the touch of enough heat for it to actually trick the skin so the damage response kicks in and stimulates your collagen and elastin regrowth to soften the appearance of wrinkles and scarring and reduce redness in dilated capillaries.
Your skin will feel warm and appears blushed directly after treatment, but only for a short time…
Hello Beauty Glow.
Scientifically proven to produce new collagen, each Laser Genesis treatment produces subtle but consistent results. Laser Genesis:
- Stimulates new collagen production
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Treats diffuse redness or ‘rosy cheeks’ for a creamy complexion
- Improves the appearance of scar (acne & chicken pox scarring, surgical scars & more)
- Refines large or open pores
- Improves uneven skin texture & skin tone
- Promotes an overall refreshed & rejuvenated appearance
Laser Genesis Skin Therapy
This is a gentle but effective anti-aging laser treatment to help reduce large pores fine lines, redness and promotes skin rejuvenation. Suitable for all skin types with no down time.
- Full face women from $325
- Face, neck and décolletage $795
Location: Suite 3, 12-14 Malvern Ave, Chatswood NSW Australia 2067
Contact: 9904 7000
NO MAKEUP, NO FILTER. AFTER ONE SESSION!!! SO HAPPY AND GLOWY. XXX B
So, one of the hottest beauty treatments in Bondi uses cold therapy.
Polar Bare Club Cryotherapy
This treatment supports blood circulation and improves lymphatic drainage. What is the first thing you do when you are in pain from an injury?
Hello an ice pack.
For ever we’ve know instinctively that that something about ice makes us feel better when we are in pain.
Cryotherapy is an ultra-cold treatment designed to shock the body into action by revving up blood circulation and boosting the immune and central nervous systems. And when we say cold, we’re talking minus 140c
To give you an idea of how cold that is, home freezers are chilled to minus 18c and it’s minus 89c in Antarctica!!!
As a result, the body detoxifies itself more easily. The treatment cleanses the skin and removes waste substances, also the metabolism is activated and the body burns calories. The process has been shown to relieve soreness and inflammatory conditions, it also stimulates the autonomic nervous system, your breathing, heartbeat and digestive systems…
The benefits of Cryotherapy for Beauty, Health, Muscle Recovery and Detox
- Reduction of wrinkles through the boosted production of collagen
- Activation of the metabolism through burning extra calories
- Reduction of cellulite, acne and pimples through improved blood circulation and drainage of toxins
- Firmer skin
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
- Activates blood circulation
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves sleep
- Balances hormone levels
- Stimulates cell renewal
- Natural detox for body and skin
- Closes pores
- Faster recovery after surgery
- Treatment of psoriasis and dermatitis
- Strengthens nails
So, what was my experience? Within seconds of warming up, I felt alive. I knew from my research that what I was experiencing was an insane supercharged rush of endorphins the feel-good result of putting your body into total shock.
This rush is why so many people are obsessed with cryotherapy, YES it’s a true high. it’s a thrill followed by a rush of pride. YAY I did it!
Your body works harder to heat and transport blood, resulting in increased metabolism and calorie expenditure.
Consequently, it’s been reported that 500-800 calories are burned as a result of each session! ICE ICE BABY.
368 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction
CALL 1300 337 222
FIRST FREEZES ONLY $59.00 (SAVE $30)
Bee Firm NRG
Aussie owned, made from Honey, Ginseng and Guarana for a natural buzz
Follow on INSTAGRAM @bee_firm_nrg
FACEBOOK @ Beefirm Nrg
IMAGE: CONRAD TAYLOR
YUM, loving this little can of Australian Honey goodness with Ginseng and Guarana, get buzzed!! It’s SO Good to know it is all natural, no taurine and no processed sugar or excessive salt, just 100% Australian honey!! A healthy soft drink alternative…
Bee Firm NRG has no processed sugar, no added caffeine and no taurine, all ingredients in the major energy drinks on the market with questionable health benefits. Bee Firm NRG instead have released their drink with Australian Honey for natural sweetness and flavour, Guarana with natural caffeine and Ginseng for its flavour and vitality properties.
Honey is a true Super food and one of my favorite natural sweeteners. It’s packed with enzymes, antioxidants, iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin B6, riboflavin and niacin. Together, these essential nutrients help to neutralize free radicals while promoting the growth of healthy bacteria in the digestive tract.
Comparisons against the 5 most available drinks showed that Bee Firm NRG drink had the lowest levels of sugar, sodium and calories, all things that consumers are concerned about in their daily diet.
Having sugary foods and drinks can cause a spike in your blood glucose levels. In response, our bodies secrete insulin and insulin-like growth factor (IGF). These two substances promote cell growth and inflammation. And when you have too much of them, they can pave the way for the development of cancer.
And while the consumption of refined sugar is on the rise, so are artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners like aspartame, sucralose (Splenda), ACE K and saccharin have been debated for years in regard to their damaging side effects.
Honey is a natural sweetener that is lower on the glycemic index than refined white sugar. This sweetener is healthier for you than refined sugar, and taste divine
Honey is the original natural sweetener, this is made by bees from flower nectars. The most beautiful natural sweetener on earth!!!
Drink this as a healthy energy soft drink! YUM!
Follow on INSTAGRAM @bee_firm_nrg
FACEBOOK @ Beefirm Nrg